Farewell Garret
Sigh.
"Garret is going back to Malaysia for good"
I remembered few weeks ago, Garret came online in the midnight and told me that he had many thoughts running in his mind. One of them was going back to Malaysia for good. Of course, I did advice him the pros and cons of staying here in London at least until end of this year. But, from the perspective of a 30 year old man, its more viable being back in Malaysia and continue to work. Studies are no more his primary priority. He DID experience London, found new friends here, went back to his study life and thats enough. Its time to go back.
Well, we had a small BBQ party at our place yesterday evening. Although it was sort of a last minute decision, everything went rather smoothly. At least the food and drinks are more than enough for just the few of us. haha.

Drumsticks BBQ-ed !
ChunHowe also managed to force Garret to give his farewell 'speech' in which from what I remembered, it started like this "I have been in London for quite some time already. Many things happened throughout my stay here. Felt quite lonely at the beginning. However the previous few months, I got to know Keith. And from then, I got to know Kok Wei and rest of you......"
I cant remember the remaining part of his speech mainly because the moment I heard my name, my mind sort of reflected the day I first met Garret in our P1 class together with Kok Wei, and how the friendship progressed from then till today. Such a short period of time since I had introduced myself to him(about 3-4 months) but I already know that Garret is one of them - one of the friends that you could rely on, just like the friends I have back in Malaysia. No doubt.




The evening atmosphere was real fun. Everybody was laughing, busy BBQ-ing and drinking and smoking- for some of us. SiewKee got drunk after 2.5 pints of StrongBow. Lousy. I had about 2 pints as well, and I myself wasnt really comfortable after drinking them.Haha.





The group dispersed about 12 midnight when Garret and ChunHowe have to rush off to catch the tube back home. But it seemed that both of them didnt manage to catch the last tube so both of them took a bus back to Garret's home and ChunHowe 'couchsurfed' at Garret's place. haha.



Tomorrow(Tuesday) Garret will be boarding the midnight airbus back to Malaysia. So after class, we will be going to his house and check out on him before he leaves. At least all of us get to say a last goodbye to him. haha.
Anyways, on the bright side, my family and my girlfriend are coming 16 hours after Garret leaves ! haha. That sounds soooo close. I planned to bring them to Cambridge and Warwick during their 10 day visit to London. Probably will be able to meet up with Danny and Qian while we are at Cambridge. All I want is to plan something for all of them to enjoy this trip. Hopefully there will be no hiccups in between. Gaaahhh..
So yeah, my next entry will definitely have my family and KahLee's pictures in it. Cant wait to experience London with them. London is just 'so new' when touring around with them. Definitely.
"Garret is going back to Malaysia for good"
I remembered few weeks ago, Garret came online in the midnight and told me that he had many thoughts running in his mind. One of them was going back to Malaysia for good. Of course, I did advice him the pros and cons of staying here in London at least until end of this year. But, from the perspective of a 30 year old man, its more viable being back in Malaysia and continue to work. Studies are no more his primary priority. He DID experience London, found new friends here, went back to his study life and thats enough. Its time to go back.
Well, we had a small BBQ party at our place yesterday evening. Although it was sort of a last minute decision, everything went rather smoothly. At least the food and drinks are more than enough for just the few of us. haha.

ChunHowe also managed to force Garret to give his farewell 'speech' in which from what I remembered, it started like this "I have been in London for quite some time already. Many things happened throughout my stay here. Felt quite lonely at the beginning. However the previous few months, I got to know Keith. And from then, I got to know Kok Wei and rest of you......"
I cant remember the remaining part of his speech mainly because the moment I heard my name, my mind sort of reflected the day I first met Garret in our P1 class together with Kok Wei, and how the friendship progressed from then till today. Such a short period of time since I had introduced myself to him(about 3-4 months) but I already know that Garret is one of them - one of the friends that you could rely on, just like the friends I have back in Malaysia. No doubt.




The evening atmosphere was real fun. Everybody was laughing, busy BBQ-ing and drinking and smoking- for some of us. SiewKee got drunk after 2.5 pints of StrongBow. Lousy. I had about 2 pints as well, and I myself wasnt really comfortable after drinking them.Haha.





The group dispersed about 12 midnight when Garret and ChunHowe have to rush off to catch the tube back home. But it seemed that both of them didnt manage to catch the last tube so both of them took a bus back to Garret's home and ChunHowe 'couchsurfed' at Garret's place. haha.



Tomorrow(Tuesday) Garret will be boarding the midnight airbus back to Malaysia. So after class, we will be going to his house and check out on him before he leaves. At least all of us get to say a last goodbye to him. haha.
Anyways, on the bright side, my family and my girlfriend are coming 16 hours after Garret leaves ! haha. That sounds soooo close. I planned to bring them to Cambridge and Warwick during their 10 day visit to London. Probably will be able to meet up with Danny and Qian while we are at Cambridge. All I want is to plan something for all of them to enjoy this trip. Hopefully there will be no hiccups in between. Gaaahhh..
So yeah, my next entry will definitely have my family and KahLee's pictures in it. Cant wait to experience London with them. London is just 'so new' when touring around with them. Definitely.
Comments
Post a Comment