Family's Visit to London

Ahhh. Just when I felt my family's visit to London was just about to begin, they had to go back already. 2 hours before I type this entry, my father told me that they had already landed in KLIA. Time passed so fast when they are here, poof and there goes the 10 days. haha. I have to admit, this 10 days were fun and distinct compared to the other 'routine' days I spent in London.


Throughout this 10 days, I only brought them tour within London's tourist destinations and during the 4th day of their visit, we all went outside to Oxford together with my group of friends here. My folks didnt want to travel on a tight schedule whereby everything we want to do will have to be done in a rush mode - it will be damn tiring just like my travel to Germany. =p


All they want was to have a leisure travel - take everything slowly, not necessarily have to have an official itinery and such - basically, come what may. Another thing was, I didnt do much planning prior to their arrival - didnt coordinate time and dates properly, didnt research on what interesting places to visit etc. My mistake =p . But most importantly, everyone had a great time in this 10 days.


These are some of the places that I brought them all to visit :

*Trafalgar Square
*BigBen
*Eye of London
*Science Museum
*Natural History Museum
*Greenwich Town
*Borough Market
*My college
*Oxford City
*Westfield(shopping center)

*Musical Show(Billy Elliot)

..and not to mention, LOADS of shopping!!!! OMG. The females really knows how to use $$$. Shopping center is like their 'war field'. And their chances of survival in this type of warfield is exceptionally higher than us men. haha.. =p *raises white flag*

Dine at Four Seasons

Four Seasons

As usual. All London's tourists will want to visit this shop for their famous duck rice. Not so nice the way I see it. Gold Mine(few shops away from Four Seasons) is much better. Overrated!

Danny and Qian did join us for dinner at Four Seasons as well. My treat of course! hehe..

Football at Hyde Park

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Of course my parents didnt join us for football. Only Kah Lee joined us and she became the goalkeeper. haha. Played from 6.30pm to 8.30 pm and then head back home for dinner with the group.

Big Ben & Westminster Abbey

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Westminster Abbey is the place where Princess Diana got married. Dont really know if its true but yeah, thats what I have heard from Thern.

Eye of London

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Big Ben and London Eye was just opposite of each other separated by the river.

Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station

Photobucket

Got this picture from Kah Lee's camera. I wasnt there when she took this shot.

Science Museum

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Natural History Museum

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Buckingham Palace Change of Guards

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


We were all standing outside the palace waiting for the changing of guards ceremony to happen. Its crowded with people all over the perimeter of the palace as you can see from the pictures above. Sat at the railings for about half an hour to watch some guards marching and some bands and after that head back to our other destinations. Not so interesting but at least we have been there. hehe.

River Cruise

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This is my first time boarding a river cruise ever since I had come to London. But unfortunately, while we were cruising, it rained.. !#%#@$@...and we had to go inside the cabin. Tried to take some pictures of the view, but was unable to. The camera auto focuses on the rain drops instead of the scenery. grrr....

Carnary Wharf (London's financial hub)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketcarnary wharf


Carnary Wharf. Home of London's Financial Companies. Very impressive place. Once we came out from the tube, it was as though we had reached a new modern era compared with the previous places we had been. High rise buildings - KPMG, MorganStanley, HSBC,CITI group etc. Sky scrappers. surrounded by docks around them. So cool.. Imagine in the center of the square surrounded by high rise buildings, was a man made river running through it.By the river, employees are able to discuss their business activities over a cup of Starbucks coffee and the electronic stock market board hangs on the buildings provides passers by with updates of their stocks.Argghh. How I wished I will be able to work here someday.

Greenwich Market

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wanted to go to the Greenwich borderline(the place with GMT 0.00 as we always find in the world's time) but again the rain killed it all. We took cover in one of the bus stops and we decided to drop that idea. But anyways, luckily for us, we were able to stop by at Greenwich market. Half of the stalls in the market are food stalls. So we had our lunch there. Since its a market, we were expected to stand on one corner to enjoy our meal - no chairs/ tables! haha.The remaining are either arts and crafts or souvenirs stalls. Mom had her teriyaki rice. Dad had Thai beef rice. Michelle had Polish beef balls with bread. Kah Lee got some Polish version of 'woh tip' and as for me, I had Tempura rice ! yum yum~

Dinner at Scotch Steak House

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Food was nowhere near good. Ordered for medium steak, they gave us well done. Serviced by Koreans I think. Cant understand their English as well. Ribeye Steak sounded like rabbit steak. Waste of appetite and money and time and mood. Boo!

Hyde Park(this time with family)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The picture with Kah lee holding the feather - she wanted to bring it back to Malaysia for her brother as souvenir. But she threw it away in the end. lolz.

Trafalgar Square

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Yeaps. The famous Trafalgar Square. If it sounds familiar to you, check your Monopoly board and you will know what I mean. hehe. I had been here during winter with ChunHowe and KaiShien previously. Remember ?

Billy Elliot The Musical

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The musical was awesome. However, they had a heavy english accent.Probably they are Irish. Apart from that, their dance movements was great. Imagine just a small boy being the lead dancer throughout the whole show. What stamina does he has?

Alright. That sums up at least half of my family's London trip. And maybe tomorrow, I will post our trip to Oxford as well. More pics coming up ! Stay tuned! haha bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day In College~

50% done travelling

Back On Track