Destination 2 : Germany

Day II : Arrival at Munich

Continuing from where we stopped previously, we woke up at 5 in the morning, got ourselves ready and boarded the train to Munich. The Inter-City Express(ICE) premium train ride did not cost us much as we were the early birds. Again, credits to Shien for his efficiency.

Got ourselves some bread and coffee at Ritazza coffee shop in the train station and since we were early, we played with the camera for abit. haha.


Photobucket
Ritazza Coffee House~~~
Photobucket-->Photobucket-->Photobucket
Before -- During -- After ! haha
Didnt realise there was the picture at the background behind me. haha. Matches my reactions..
lol

PhotobucketPhotobucket
OUR ICE train ^


Alright. Reached Munich at 1pm. Got out from the station, and got ourselves a tourist map. But before that, once we were outside the station, I spotted the row of taxis waiting for their potential customers. Jaw dropped. Closed my mouth again and immediately the next few words came out from it was : WTF?! ALL MERCs !!
Its not just any low range mercs, but most of them are from premium classes : E-Class, S-Class, A-Class and B-class.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Mercs,mercs and more mercs...

I know that this is Germany, home of the world class car manufacturers. Being so, I expected that they should have some better taxis compared to the Protons they have in Malaysia - was expecting something more Japanese. But OMG a merc??

Its a sad fact to know that their TAXIs alone already surpass my mother's car in terms of value. /swt. *silenced*

Anyway, reached the hostel, and checked into our rooms. For your information, our room is a 6-person shared room(3 double decker beds). For a budgetted trip, this is the best we can get.


Photobucket
Our bedroom ^


Got to a restaurant next to the hostel for lunch. Both of us weren't feeling too energised to find out this new place, maybe because we were too hungry ? Opened the menu and I cant believe my eyes again. Its all in German! Arghhhh... I didnt take language into account while planning the trip! All I understood from the menu was 'bolognese' ' carbonara' 'pasta' and 'spaghetti'.


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
@ The Sinan's restaurant. Read the menu ^


But dont worry. There is always a general 'language' that everyone understands in the whole world - the price. So, I chose a average-priced pasta expecting that it wont go wrong. Smart ?

"Cheap cheap things no good, Good good things no cheap" -Michael Mainwaring

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Our dishes. On the left was mine!



After lunch, we walked around town by referring to the map. Getting lost at times is a normal thing - no big deal since everything is new to our eyes. haha. Registered ourselves for a bike tour to Neuschwentein castle located at the outskirts of the town for the next day - a place very very near to the borderline between Germany and Austria.

Info : If Neuschwenstein castle sounds familiar to you, dont be surprised. In the game called Ragnarok Online, one of the castles in AldeBaran town is named as Neuschwenstein as well. Maybe the creator of the game once had been to this castle, and has adapted its name in the game.

Munich-Day II

Again, we got up early(about 6.45am),prepared ourselves and headed to the meeting point for the bike tour in which we were supposed to be there by 8am. On the way, grabbed McDonalds breakfast to eat in the bus as it is the fastest food we can find in town, other shops were just preparing to open. No time to lose.

Basically, the tour itinery will be as follows :
  1. bicycle tour from the foot of the mountain to a famous man made lake -Swanlake.
  2. Return the bicycles and have lunch
  3. Adjourn to the Alpine slide
  4. After the Alpine slide, begin HIKING up the mountain towards the castle.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The beautiful sights and sceneries. Perfect day, perfect weather, perfect ride..Imperfect partner ^


Hopped onto the tour bus and reached the mountains in about 1.5 hours, briefed about our itinery and got our bikes. Check out my Elektra! Hoho..Theres no brand for my bike. So I name it the Honda Elektra ! cool ? Lolz. *childish*


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


While cycling towards the Swanlake, we pass through some wide plains surrounded by the tall mountains. Took a video of it but the clip wont be long because its dangerous cycling with one hand. haha. Furthermore the bicycle was so tall, that I need to use my toes to support while immobilise - I deny that its the problem is with my height. Would feel better to think that its their bicycles which are built in accordance with an average height of westerners. ^^





So to avoid readers snoring in front of my blog, I will just upload more pics and videos for you all to see. I am lazy myself to describe every single rock I pass by during the tour.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Shien and I at Swanlake ^

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
While dipping in the lake, the ducks started to swim towards me. Got scared and hurriedly jump out from the pool. haha



Had a quick lunch at the canteen nearby and got ourselves an alpine slide ticket for 1.40 euro each. And check out the video !


PhotobucketPhotobucket




Haha. Fun wasnt it ?
And after that, we hiked up the castle and in the middle of the journey, stopped by this bridge to check out the beautiful scenery from the top. While standing on top of the bridge and looking down, my legs were trembling already. The strong wind up there did not help to the situation at all. The only thing I could do was to hold the rails tightly.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
All these pictures are taken while hiking towards the castle. And some snapped at the bridge.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
We arrived at the castle. And we have to pay 8 EUROs per person for entry ! KNN.
Furthermore, the tour in the castle wasnt even worth that much, and we cant snap pics in there! Wasted.





So, our bike tour has ended. Everybody hiked down to the car park where the bus was and headed back to Munich city center.
Although it was tiring, but it was a really great experience and we absolutely enjoyed what we have seen. No regrets, apart from what we saw IN the castle. From what I experienced throughout my entire 2 weeks travel, this place was the BEST I have been to. Nothing beats this place. So, you can anticipate what is coming in next few entries. haha.

Oh right. Before I stop here, just wanted you guys to know that, my mother once bought me a set of 1000 pieces 3D puzzle of the Neuschwenstein castle while I was younger. Back then I didnt even know what kinda castle was this. All I did was to complete the puzzle pieces without knowing where or what it was. haha. Today, I can tell myself that I have BEEN to this castle and when I get back home to Malaysia, I will reassemble the puzzle and make sure it will be appreciated.

So, the entries from now onwards will not be as long as this one I hope. Alot of cutting and trimming to do. Sigh.. Alright. Next stop : Stuttgart! Stay tuned.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day In College~

50% done travelling

Back On Track