Exams are over, not the strike.
Yay. The never ending exams has finally ended.
Waited for this day to come quite eagerly throughout the past few weeks especially when the exam pressure was at its peak.
Generally, every paper was attempable. Some was ok, but one of them I totally screwed up due to my time management during the exam. My F7 paper, which I had repeated countless times, is yet to repeat itself again because I totally went off with my timing. Total of 5 questions and with 1 hour remaining left, I am still stuck at question 2 - uncompleted. Crap.
Nevermind about exams. Its over.
Roll back about 1.5 week before. We went to find out where out exam hall is a day before our exams officially started just to familiarise ourselves the whereabouts of the hall. Its a convention hall actually, just like KL convention center, named London - ExCel. Maybe its name will bring us some 'ong' to our results. lol.
That place was really huge. The ACCA combined 3 main halls just for the exams. Thats how huge it is. They allocated over 3000 students into the hall. Yes, 3000. Everybody in that hall were like ants.
During the exams, you might want to think twice before you want to empty your bladder. Imagine just to get from one corner to the other - you would have to run if you want to save your precious exam time.

Yesterday was my last exam paper. Afterwhich, Thern,KokWei,Jack,Garret and I headed to Liverpool St. Station for McD. We were all very hungry by then. It was about 2.30 pm and our last meal before that was early in the morning at 6.30. And from the station, we basically WALKED back home, not taking account of the last few miles as we really couldnt move anymore which is why we took a bus.
The reason is, unfortunately, the London tube operators all decided to go on strike on that day. Its not just a spontaneous strike. They have informed about their strike like probably 2 weeks ago. But if you are thinking that 'strike' is a huge crowd demonstrating in the middle of the road with posters and signs kinda thing, then you have pictured it wrongly. Basically, the tube operators dont work nor perform their job. And when they dont, tubes cant run.
If I am not mistaken, the reason for the strike was because the employees wanted a pay rise or something like that. Not really sure about whats happening internally. This is just crap.
We walked from Liverpool Street Station right up to Oxford Circus before we jumped onto the bus to finish our last few miles. You may find it difficult to picture how far we have walked, so let me attach this map of the tube so you can get a general idea of it.
Click on it, and look at the middle white zone. Find the stations along the red color line. From Bank Station, we walked all the way to Oxford Circus.
Why do we all have to be punished for finishing our exams?
Why were we punished to walk that far?!
Oh, mind you - all the bus stops in London were 'exploded' with people as it is the other best form of transport other than the tube.
During the journey, we stopped by LilyWhite(sports shop) and I saw this pink racket which costs about 70 Pounds. Looks interesting but definitely not for me. Was planning to get it for my girlfriend. But wait till I start earning some money first. haha.
Finally, we reached home at 8 pm. This is unbelievable. Took us almost 6-7 hours just to get back from the exam center. Maybe should put this post in Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
So, today, woke up at about 11. Lazed around in my room till about 1pm and headed out for badminton with Garret at Elephant and Castle. FYI, the tubes are STILL on strike. Everyone was informed that the strike was planned to last for 48 hours. Our reservations for the court was from 2pm to 4 pm. I reached at 2.15pm due to the road congestions - 1.15 hour just to get from one place to another- perfect. And dont forget, another 1.15 hour to go back. Crap.
Got thrashed by Garret flat with 15-1 and 15-3. Even more crap.
Forget whats over. Now I will be looking forward to this coming Tuesday's trip to Belgium,Germany and Netherlands. I really need this vacation to give myself a break from the studies. The examinations had considerably shortened my life by at least a few years. But before that, I have to get a birthday gift for my girlfriend so that it will reach her place on time. *still thinking what to get for her*
So from now onwards, everybody is a free man(till Aug 17 if you know what I mean). Enjoy it to the max, hopefully I can as well. Now is the time to live life like a King. However, just dont forget about keeping me updated with your activities and events. Take more pics for those who are going to Tioman for me to see.
Will keep everyone updated with my holidays. Bye.
Waited for this day to come quite eagerly throughout the past few weeks especially when the exam pressure was at its peak.
Generally, every paper was attempable. Some was ok, but one of them I totally screwed up due to my time management during the exam. My F7 paper, which I had repeated countless times, is yet to repeat itself again because I totally went off with my timing. Total of 5 questions and with 1 hour remaining left, I am still stuck at question 2 - uncompleted. Crap.
Nevermind about exams. Its over.
Roll back about 1.5 week before. We went to find out where out exam hall is a day before our exams officially started just to familiarise ourselves the whereabouts of the hall. Its a convention hall actually, just like KL convention center, named London - ExCel. Maybe its name will bring us some 'ong' to our results. lol.
That place was really huge. The ACCA combined 3 main halls just for the exams. Thats how huge it is. They allocated over 3000 students into the hall. Yes, 3000. Everybody in that hall were like ants.
During the exams, you might want to think twice before you want to empty your bladder. Imagine just to get from one corner to the other - you would have to run if you want to save your precious exam time.

Yesterday was my last exam paper. Afterwhich, Thern,KokWei,Jack,Garret and I headed to Liverpool St. Station for McD. We were all very hungry by then. It was about 2.30 pm and our last meal before that was early in the morning at 6.30. And from the station, we basically WALKED back home, not taking account of the last few miles as we really couldnt move anymore which is why we took a bus.
The reason is, unfortunately, the London tube operators all decided to go on strike on that day. Its not just a spontaneous strike. They have informed about their strike like probably 2 weeks ago. But if you are thinking that 'strike' is a huge crowd demonstrating in the middle of the road with posters and signs kinda thing, then you have pictured it wrongly. Basically, the tube operators dont work nor perform their job. And when they dont, tubes cant run.
If I am not mistaken, the reason for the strike was because the employees wanted a pay rise or something like that. Not really sure about whats happening internally. This is just crap.
We walked from Liverpool Street Station right up to Oxford Circus before we jumped onto the bus to finish our last few miles. You may find it difficult to picture how far we have walked, so let me attach this map of the tube so you can get a general idea of it.
Click on it, and look at the middle white zone. Find the stations along the red color line. From Bank Station, we walked all the way to Oxford Circus.Why do we all have to be punished for finishing our exams?
Why were we punished to walk that far?!
During the journey, we stopped by LilyWhite(sports shop) and I saw this pink racket which costs about 70 Pounds. Looks interesting but definitely not for me. Was planning to get it for my girlfriend. But wait till I start earning some money first. haha.
Finally, we reached home at 8 pm. This is unbelievable. Took us almost 6-7 hours just to get back from the exam center. Maybe should put this post in Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
So, today, woke up at about 11. Lazed around in my room till about 1pm and headed out for badminton with Garret at Elephant and Castle. FYI, the tubes are STILL on strike. Everyone was informed that the strike was planned to last for 48 hours. Our reservations for the court was from 2pm to 4 pm. I reached at 2.15pm due to the road congestions - 1.15 hour just to get from one place to another- perfect. And dont forget, another 1.15 hour to go back. Crap.
Got thrashed by Garret flat with 15-1 and 15-3. Even more crap.
Forget whats over. Now I will be looking forward to this coming Tuesday's trip to Belgium,Germany and Netherlands. I really need this vacation to give myself a break from the studies. The examinations had considerably shortened my life by at least a few years. But before that, I have to get a birthday gift for my girlfriend so that it will reach her place on time. *still thinking what to get for her*
So from now onwards, everybody is a free man(till Aug 17 if you know what I mean). Enjoy it to the max, hopefully I can as well. Now is the time to live life like a King. However, just dont forget about keeping me updated with your activities and events. Take more pics for those who are going to Tioman for me to see.
Will keep everyone updated with my holidays. Bye.






Comments
Post a Comment