My dinner and My holidays
I had enough study for the day. I feel so bored staying in my room. Study, study and study. Lifeless.
So, today, Thern KokWei and I decided to go out for dinner nearby. And since we had a voucher for Buy-1-Free-1 at Gourmet Burger Kitchen(GBK), we used it for dinner. The restaurant was just located at a high street approximately 300 meters away from my house.
To our surprise, the burger served as quite well made, and I can say, that this is the first time for me to eat at such standard restaurants. I usually eat at Chinese Restaurant, FastFood, Italian restaurants, but this was different. This restaurant gives me the feeling that I am really in an English environment. All 'kuai lou' around me, the waiter was polite and serviced us well - it just feels being appreciated. Better than many other restaurants whereby they expect you to leave immediately after you had finished your meal for them to prepare the table for the next customer.This seemed like more of a 'culture' here in UK depending on which kinda restaurants you dine at.Chinese restaurants? No way you will get 'reasonable' services from their waiters.
I have no idea why, but this meal just made me feel much relaxed and lightened my boredom from studying in my room. I have people accompanying me, chat abit, the meal was good, dine in a quality environment etc. I took some pictures during the meal tho. Check them out~
Uahhhhhhhhh. Fork and Knife sir? No thanks. My mouth will do. ^^






Check out the 'tomato' behind my burger. Its not a real one. Its a ketchup bottle. Haha. So cute~
So, today, Thern KokWei and I decided to go out for dinner nearby. And since we had a voucher for Buy-1-Free-1 at Gourmet Burger Kitchen(GBK), we used it for dinner. The restaurant was just located at a high street approximately 300 meters away from my house.
To our surprise, the burger served as quite well made, and I can say, that this is the first time for me to eat at such standard restaurants. I usually eat at Chinese Restaurant, FastFood, Italian restaurants, but this was different. This restaurant gives me the feeling that I am really in an English environment. All 'kuai lou' around me, the waiter was polite and serviced us well - it just feels being appreciated. Better than many other restaurants whereby they expect you to leave immediately after you had finished your meal for them to prepare the table for the next customer.This seemed like more of a 'culture' here in UK depending on which kinda restaurants you dine at.Chinese restaurants? No way you will get 'reasonable' services from their waiters.
I have no idea why, but this meal just made me feel much relaxed and lightened my boredom from studying in my room. I have people accompanying me, chat abit, the meal was good, dine in a quality environment etc. I took some pictures during the meal tho. Check them out~
Uahhhhhhhhh. Fork and Knife sir? No thanks. My mouth will do. ^^





Check out the 'tomato' behind my burger. Its not a real one. Its a ketchup bottle. Haha. So cute~
For those of you who are curious about what I am gonna do for my holidays after my exam, well, heads up, I am going to Germany together with Shien for 12 days! Yeaps. With Shien ONLY & 12 days! haha.
Actually I have a reason as to why I am only going in a tiny group of 2. Its really difficult to coordinate a trip when we have such a huge group to travel along with. Some might find a place interesting whereas the others will not. I just cant expect everyone to have the same interest cant I ? Furthermore, the places that I am planning to visit in Germany will bore most of my friends as I am going to visit some of the automobile museums located there.
Anyways, the first thing that hit my mind in Germany of course was the auto museums. But whats the second? Hmm...
Its the football team. haha. I remember from previous WorldCup and EuroCup matches that my friends and I put our stakes on Germany(RM25 I guess?). haha. Suddenly, names like Miroslav Klose,Podolski and Ballack just refreshed themselves in my mind. LOL!
Anyways,
Germany - famous as world class manufacturer of high end cars such as Porsche, BMW, Benz, Volkswagon and Audi. The reason I can only select a few museums out of the 5 listed above is due to time constrains. Although I will be there for almost 2 weeks, it still wont be enough to visit all these 6 museums at one go - travelling consumes time... AND MONEY! So, my top 3 museums to visit will be :
Actually I have a reason as to why I am only going in a tiny group of 2. Its really difficult to coordinate a trip when we have such a huge group to travel along with. Some might find a place interesting whereas the others will not. I just cant expect everyone to have the same interest cant I ? Furthermore, the places that I am planning to visit in Germany will bore most of my friends as I am going to visit some of the automobile museums located there.
Anyways, the first thing that hit my mind in Germany of course was the auto museums. But whats the second? Hmm...
Its the football team. haha. I remember from previous WorldCup and EuroCup matches that my friends and I put our stakes on Germany(RM25 I guess?). haha. Suddenly, names like Miroslav Klose,Podolski and Ballack just refreshed themselves in my mind. LOL!
Anyways,
Germany - famous as world class manufacturer of high end cars such as Porsche, BMW, Benz, Volkswagon and Audi. The reason I can only select a few museums out of the 5 listed above is due to time constrains. Although I will be there for almost 2 weeks, it still wont be enough to visit all these 6 museums at one go - travelling consumes time... AND MONEY! So, my top 3 museums to visit will be :
I actually would love to visit the VW museum, however, it will require us to stray away from our main plans just to do so.
Recently, I had been quarrelling with Shien regarding the trip. There is just so much planning to do even before the trip. Tickets, Timing coordination, accommodation, budget to look after etc etc. We just got cold to each other at times - but things will be better eventually,definitely. And up until this moment, almost all our travelling tickets had already been settled. The remaining problem is our Accommodation.
Here is something new for most of you.
Europeans, especially frequent travellers, has this social network(something like Facebook/Friendster etc) which allows them to look for someone to host them while they are travelling at a certain place. For example, I am going to Germany, and so, I will look for a person via the network database, who is willing to accommodate Shien and I for a day or two while we are in Germany. This way, we get to extend our social network by meeting new locals and get to know more of their culture and lifestyle. And of course, the accommodation will be free then. Mind you, if you get a cheap hostel just for a night will easily costs you 20 EURO(almost same as pounds) - since I am going for 12 days, that will instantly sum up to 240 EUROs ! o.O
So its one stone, for 3 birds then - save costs, extend social network and get to know their culture. Sibeh Best~
And the final 2 days before I head back to London, both of us will be dropping by at Netherlands(Amsterdam). I dont really know whats in Amsterdam, but after the exams, I will be reading more on it. Dont want to go there without any information on which place to go and which place not to.
Again, the only footballer I know from Holland is Ruud Van Nistelroy. Lolz!
So yeah, that is how I am going to spend my time during my 1 month holiday after the exams.
For now, back to my boring studies again. Oh no wait. I think I shall sleep first and start back again tommorrow morning. HAHA.
Nights everyone~
Recently, I had been quarrelling with Shien regarding the trip. There is just so much planning to do even before the trip. Tickets, Timing coordination, accommodation, budget to look after etc etc. We just got cold to each other at times - but things will be better eventually,definitely. And up until this moment, almost all our travelling tickets had already been settled. The remaining problem is our Accommodation.
Here is something new for most of you.
Europeans, especially frequent travellers, has this social network(something like Facebook/Friendster etc) which allows them to look for someone to host them while they are travelling at a certain place. For example, I am going to Germany, and so, I will look for a person via the network database, who is willing to accommodate Shien and I for a day or two while we are in Germany. This way, we get to extend our social network by meeting new locals and get to know more of their culture and lifestyle. And of course, the accommodation will be free then. Mind you, if you get a cheap hostel just for a night will easily costs you 20 EURO(almost same as pounds) - since I am going for 12 days, that will instantly sum up to 240 EUROs ! o.O
So its one stone, for 3 birds then - save costs, extend social network and get to know their culture. Sibeh Best~
And the final 2 days before I head back to London, both of us will be dropping by at Netherlands(Amsterdam). I dont really know whats in Amsterdam, but after the exams, I will be reading more on it. Dont want to go there without any information on which place to go and which place not to.
Again, the only footballer I know from Holland is Ruud Van Nistelroy. Lolz!
So yeah, that is how I am going to spend my time during my 1 month holiday after the exams.
For now, back to my boring studies again. Oh no wait. I think I shall sleep first and start back again tommorrow morning. HAHA.
Nights everyone~



Comments
Post a Comment