The Sheffield Visit

Guys. I am back from Sheffield!
Seriously, its very tiring to go up to Sheffield and back the next day. The bus journeys was 4 hours each way ! And I am alone in the bus, doing nothing. The reason I wanted to ride the bus instead of the train, besides the price factor, was the adventure I get to experience on the highway.
In short, I wanna see cars!! And yes, I did managed to know how does the highway in UK operates and usually what types of cars are always on the highways. hehe. 'I am impressed!'

So, my journey to Sheffield started at 11.30 am at Victoria Coach Station. I took quite some pictures along the journey mostly sceneries and cars - may be boring for most of you.
OMG, you dont expect me to camwhore in the bus full of unknown passengers right ?? They will think that I am either crazy or camwhore addicted! Anyways, I never liked to camwhore. It disgusts me.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Fill in the blanks. "Seat belts must be worn" ^


Pictures of the cars I took during the journey wasnt taken for fun. My intention was to show that these are the 'common' cars that run along the highway. Of course, there are more than that. I didnt manage to capture some faster cars such as the Audi, Porsche, and Ferrari(only saw 1). Most fo the cars are MiniCoopers,Honda Accord Euro-R,Ford Mondeo,Fiat Bravo and WV Golf GTI - these are all 'common' cars in UK, just like Protons in Malaysia. For instance, MiniCoopers in UK are like MyVi in Malaysia. However, they overtook my bus almost instantly-Vroom vroom, and I will never get sight of it anymore.
Note: I can feel that the bus I am riding in was actually pretty quick too.Probably around 100-120km/hr.



MiniCooper overtaking the bus ^



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Some of the cars that overtook the bus "VRRRRRrrrrooooommmmm" ^


After a few rest and relax stops, I reached Sheffield at 3.45pm. Took a tram from Meadowhall(The bus hub of Sheffield) to Danny's apartment-the West Street. Surprisingly the tram actually operates on the road - just the same as cars and buses. Refer to pictures if you dont get what I mean. Qian picked me up from West Street stop since Danny was having his classes at that time.

Shots taken from the Tram

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This is how the tram operates

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Note : Its on the road. Just like normal cars and buses. Its stop are just the same as the bus stop.^


The apartment were shared by Danny together with 3 of his friends - Ken, Adrian and one more guy which I didnt had the chance to meet him. Surprisingly, Ken was KahLee's class rep during their Taylors A-Levels time! If you remember, Ken did join us for the trip to Redang back in 2006.

Danny's apartment is simple and nice. A heaven for boys though - equipped with PS3, Wii, Poker sets, smoking allowed, fast internet access and so on. No room for girls ! haha.
The few of us chilled around the living room until dinner was served - which was deliciously prepared by Ken and Qian. Yum yum. After dinner, again, we chilled for abit, bathed and played some PS3 games, and prepared for bed.

Danny's apartment



Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The Dinner

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chicken Wings and Tauge is by Ken. Soup by Qian. "Sedaaappp" ^

At first, Danny arranged for me to sleep in the living room(KNN Danny, I will remember that!),however, in the end, he allowed me to bump into his room. Danny and Qian slept on the bed whereas I slept on the FLOOR with a sleeping bag and a pillow!(Thanks Danny, I feel so WARM)

Photobucket
There. Thats my bed ^


Woke up in the morning at 9.15 and prepared ourselves for badminton at 10. Without warming up, the both of us immediately jumped into a game of doubles with Danny's friends.

It was a pretty good start but however, my body wasnt able to cope up eventually. I actually felt that my fitness level has deteriorated drastically since I havent been exercising extensively for the past few months. Played a total of 6-7 matches, only managed to win once. Towards the final few games, my body was completely exhausted and during the final round, I cant chase for the shuttle anymore. Me tighs were almost numb.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

I did played singles with both of Danny's friend and lost under 10 in a 21 point game - hopeless.
However, they are pretty good to begin with. Tall build,good strokes and great positioning. They totally have the upperhand over me.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The Solou and me ^



PhotobucketPhotobucket
The Audi TT that Liang was always talking about. His sister's bf car. ^


After the game, we got back to bath and prepared for lunch. Qian suggested DimSum for lunch, and so we headed to a Chinese Restaurant called 'Wong Ting'. The DimSum was quite good - probably we were extremely hungry already and after that, we occupied our remaining time walking around the high street of Sheffield. Got back to the apartment, rested awhile as my body muscles has already started to ache especially my legs. And by 4.30, Danny accompanied me to the tram stop to head back to Meadowhall.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The Wii Console ^


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Some stupid headgears that I found at Danny's house. Maybe he uses it to play with Qian!
^


My bus ride was at 5.45pm. I slept in the bus as a result of over exhaustion thinking that when I wake up, I should be minutes away from London. I was wrong though. When I woke up, I still have to spend 2 hours in the bus before reaching. And so, I took my laptop out, put on my headphones, and watched Desperate Housewives. hahaha. I am not crazy, but I am just utilising my time EFFECTIVELY. ^_^

And so, I reached London at 9.45pm, took a tube back to Queensway, dropped by Tesco for dinner shopping, went back to my house, dropped everything, swallow the pasta I cooked, and went to bed. I was really very very very tired by then. Cant manage to stay up any further. Bear in mind, I have class the next day as well. The thought of waking up early the next day chokes me, so I decided to skip the beginning part of lecture, have enough rest, and join the class during lunch.

The main highlight for this Sheffield visit was mainly to play badminton with Danny and friends, not for sightseeing or whatsoever. I will leave the sightseeing for next Tuesday which again I will be going there together with Thern. This time, I will be going by TRAIN. haha.
Wanna know more about the next Sheffield story ? Check out the blog next week ! haha. Bye~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day In College~

50% done travelling

Back On Track