First Day In College~

Well well. Today was my first day of class and guess what, its P2 ! the killer paper in the whole of ACCA part 3 ! The lecturer was nice and went really slow with us unlike Menon haha. He revised many of the F7 topics such as IAS 16,36,38 and 40. He's really a patient man.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
My p2 notes

However, theres one thing which I dont really favor about London College Of Accountancy.
There are more than 90% foreigners and most of them are dark skinned. Sorry, but I am not really touching on a racist topic around here.My point is that, the population of this college is so IMBALANCED! Everybody seemed to have their own groups, and we(me YuenThern,KokWei,Jack), as the minorities feel so small. I felt its quite difficult to get near them literally especially when we dont have a common topic or interest. It could probably be me having a wrong approach towards them or whatever. I dont know and dont care.

Photobucket
Thats me waiting for the lecturer to start his lesson. We reached 15 mins before time.

After lunch, I felt really sleepy during lesson time and I can doze of anytime. Haha but of course that wont be the case. Anyways, while the lecturer was teaching, my mind dozed to somewhere else-Malaysia, my home country. I would really loved to share my thoughts about this.I kept thinking of my family, my friends, my girlfriend, my car and everything that I belong and I own in Malaysia. I live a satisfactory life in Malaysia. But why did I moved away from that peaceful position and why am I feeling so lonely when I reached London? I kept telling to myself that I am here at London to further my studies and to gain the experience of surviving alone in the outside world.But it just wont satisfy or stop what I was thinking.

'Alone' doesn't exist in the human world. I cant live alone, no one can. Even I had some friends over here, it is insufficient. Its the quality of the relationship that I need, friends who are together since young, family members and my girlfriend. Here, I have none of the listed above.
Quality ? Not yet I suppose.

These were the topics that ran through my head during lesson time :
  • How are my family members, are they doing well or not ? Did my parents enjoy their trip at HongKong ? Hows my sister doing at college ? Whats my grandmother doing in my Home while everyone is away?
  • How is Ivan,KahWai,Kipei,CheeHoe's progress in barbequeing the sliced pork ? Are they enjoying it or is it a torture by doing so ? Did they manage to attend college the next day after work since everyone is so tired ? Hows everyone's preparation for Chinese New Year ? Hows the badminton session going on ? When will they update me about all this ?
  • How is KahLee doing at college? Is she happy and cheerful as usual ? What will she be doing on Fridays when I am not around ? How often can I webcam with her with the significant difference in timing between both places ?
  • How is the progress of the selling of my HondaCivic? Would it be able to be sold or not? IF sold how, and if not how ?

It spells doom when the lecturer was teaching IAS topics and all that is running through my head was the above. So, I tried to focus and concentrate and it seemed a little fruitful. However, I really wanted to see KahLee so much, that I sms-ed her to meet me via online after class. And as soon as class finished, I immediately rushed to the tube station with my friends and I got back home first. I separated with my friends because they wanted to drop by at Tesco to get some daily items. At last, it was a relief that I am able to see her online and chat with her.

Hopefully feelings like this wont occur frequently because its really difficult to manage. Fingers crossed.

Comments

  1. so sweet of u to keep thinking of kah lee...but i guess in short, tat's just homesick. it's normal...it'll get better with time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. ^_^
    when u coming to find me lar.. ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel you.. Sunway coll is way better in terms of facilities and the population of students..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50% done travelling

Back On Track