Chinese New Year Celebration !

Hola everyone! Its Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fatt Chai to all of you. How was everyone's celebration ? Enjoyable or not ah ? Better take hold of this chance to win more money this year, when I am not around. Because the next Chinese New Year I will be back and NEVER hope to win. Just pray to lose LESS. haha. Joking! I am sure everyone did enjoy themselves in the beginning of the year of OX.

I wish to share my first day of the Chinese New Year experience with my readers so here it goes.
Well, nothing extremely exciting on the first day of CNY. My day started only during lunchtime, because I stayed up late the previous night. Haha. Basically theres nothing to do during the morning of CNY - no prayers,no breakfast. Kinda boring so decided to sleep on.
Lunch time, Shien and I went to a nearby Thai restaurant by the name of TukTuk. If I am not mistaken, this restaurant is owned by a Malaysian. Nothing great about lunch. Chatted with Shien throughout the meal. Shien's mouth never stops talking. Yak yak yak and yak. But he is a good company though.
After lunch, we walked few shops away from TukTuk towards OrientalMarket. Its a supermarket which sells what we Asians desire but couldnt be found at the UK marketplace such as rice,maggi,chinese vegetables,Pringles,herbs and spices, and fruits. I shopped for my bak kut teh ingredients(read previous post if you dont know what my plans are) and it turned out to be within my budget. While paying the cashier, I asked if they were to hire any part time staffs and she asked me to bring my CV(Resume) and they will consider about it.
On the way walking back home, I realised that I havent really taken much pictures about the cars around my accommodation area. Immediately drew my camera from my pocket and started snapping. Cant get much pictures on cars but these are what I shot :


Photobucket
A common sight in the Britains world.
Photobucket
Cant seem to find out why I took this picture? Look again.Observe the material used.


My Student Accommodation
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The Entrance & the window with a balcony is my room !


When we reached home, it was only about 3pm. Quite awhile more till dinner. So decided to play some games with Shien and online. Boring !

6pm now. Dinner is about to start. ChunHowe and friends are about to reach our hostel bringing their own food for potluck. And I havent started anything yet! So I quickly asked Shien to help me out. Have to look for a POT to boil my bakkuteh. But unfortunately, NONE suitable was found. I searched every floor's kitchen but still unable to find one. So, no choice, at moments like this, we did some critical thinking and whoala! We decided to use a WOK ! haha. Dont laugh.

I took out the pork meat that I bought earlier which weighs in total 1kg. And comes another problem. The knives in my hostel are so blunt that I cant even slice the meat properly ! I have to choose the 'sharpest' among all and brutally chop it into pieces making me feel as though I am an expert murderer ! Pork murderer? Stage 1 complete :

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The wok and the pork


While waiting for the water in the wok to boil, we snapped some pictures as well :

Photobucket
The Ingredients(Secret Recipe)
Photobucket
The Chef(left) and his Assistant(right)


Ok! We boiled the meat for half and hour and started mixing our secret recipe. Enjoy the process!


Photobucket
My assistant stirring the soup while I was preparing the recipe
Photobucket
When the meat is boiled
Photobucket
Added the spices packet
Photobucket
Cant miss the mushrooms out cant you ?
Photobucket
Fresh lettuce added

TA DA!! THE FINAL PRODUCT !
Photobucket


Note. Do not underestimate my(our) final product. For your information, it tastes and smells exactly like the BakKutTeh stall you usually eat at. Even ISO9002 certified it.

Photobucket

Drooling already ?

And as soon as my BakKutTeh is done, ChunHowe and friends arrived just in time. They prepared some grilled chicken,few cans of booze, chicken wing, and the list goes on. I will upload the group picture once I got them from ChunHowe. But for now, take your tissue and wipe away your saliva from drooling onto the keyboard while admiring these :

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


After dinner, everybody's stomach was bloated. All were lazy to move already. Our mahjong & gambling plans were cancelled because we prefer to sit down, laze around and chat. Played table tennis after resting and ChunHowe decided to bump into Shien's room for the night.

So there goes my first day of Chinese New Year. Great experience I encountered, especially with my pot of BakKutTeh. Extremely satisfied with it. That night, I thought to myself that how perfect it would be if I cooked for my gf,family and friends to eat. That would be a picture I would love to snap someday. Hopefully by next year, my assistant cook would be my gf instead - dont worry Shien, you are not bad afterall. Thanks !
Cheers to all. Do take care. Nights!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day In College~

50% done travelling

Back On Track